Two Crazy Kids


Monday, April 18, 2011


Right after my water broke. I felt great, though a little large :)

Just before we left! Mommy with daddy and mommy with Uncle Cory.

What an adventure life can be. As most, if not all of you know, our baby has arrived! Quite unexpectedly if I might add, but of course we were overjoyed. Our little angel, Britlee Rayne arrived April 10th at 10:55pm weighing 7 pounds and 20 inches long. She is absolutely perfect. Honestly some days I wonder how we got so lucky to have such an amazing little one. She is so good and cuddly, I just can't get enough of her.

So I must tell you our story...

Justin and I have expected this little one to arrive late, as most first babies do go past their due date. So as the due date approached we just thought ok well thats cool but who knows when she will come. Of course a couple weeks prior she started to make her way a little with dilation progression but than nothing so we thought she would still come late. So we continued to go about our business. Justin continued with work, finished his finals and made plans to play golf. I continued cleaning and cooking and hoping for warmer weather so I could go for walks, oh and of course shopping. lol. Sunday started just like any other day. I slept in a little and took my sweet time getting ready, seeing as church isn't until 1pm. Justin had to work so we had breakfast and eventually he left. I decided, "well today maybe I will do my hair." I haven't really done my hair much the last few weeks. So I felt great anddecided Sunday was the day to do it, plus we were coming to week forty the next day so I thought I needed to take a picture. I got ready and walked over to church. Of course I was slightly uncomfortable as I felt huge but other than that I was as happy as I could be and felt great. My friends kept giving me a hard time that I would go into labor at church. But no such luck for them, which I must admit I was very grateful because I would have been quite embarrassed. I made it through church and they were worried for me to walk home but I felt great so I waddled my way home.
After church I started to get dinner ready. We were having lasagna, Justin's favorite. Which of course I didn't have quite enough noodles. I didn't even check because I thought for sure I had a whole box. Way to go pregnant woman right. So I had to text a friend and borrow some. I left to pick up Cory for our weekly ritual Sunday dinner. Still feeling super. I needed to run (HA yeah right, more like waddle) to my friends house so I told Cory how to get it all started. When I got back we finished it off and put it in the oven.
I am always bad about my timing on how long it takes to make dinner so dinner would not be ready when Justin got home, but such is life. So we just chatted and waited for Justin to get off work. Justin had been home almost a half hour and dinner was just minutes away from being ready. We got up to heat up the vegetables on the stove. I had to pee so I walked in the bathroom, shut the door (sorry if youfeel this is too much info) and UH OH...I called for Justin, in the meantime peed. Cory kept saying Justin, Kelli is calling for you I think her water broke. Who knows what it feels like to have your water break? I sure didn't but I knew something was off and had to assume that's what it was. Justin came in and I told him and he said "Are you sure you didn't pee your pants?" HA, yes I'm sure. I have more control than that. Anyways I called my mom and asked her. She said her water never broke but assumed what I described was right. So now I can leave out the rest of those details. We called the widwife she said to time the contractions and head to hospital when they are 4 minutes apart for one hour and one minute long. So I was hungry and said lets eat dinner. :) The the midwife called back and said I needed to go to hospital now because I needed to start on the antibiotics for Strep B so the baby wouldn't get sick.
Everything went great! Honestly I couldn't be happier. We took an amazing birthing class which I must say was Superb. I can't even describe how grateful I am for that class. I was able to have the birth I dreamed of, ALL NATURAL!! Go Hypnobirthing!! And oddly enough it was very short. 3 1/2 hours! AMAZING. Who knew birth could go so quickly. Everyone I talked to said it lasted more than 8 hours. Mine was 3 1/2 from time of water breaking til time of birth. I didn't even feel any contractions, or as we like to call them, surges, that day. This little girl was ready when she was ready. When they say birth is a miracle they aren't kidding. Seriously it is the most amazing experience I have ever had. I can still remember seeing Britlee and being able to pull her up on my stomach. There is no greater feeling. She stared at me for almost an hour. Her eyes nice and wide open. Her daddy and I of course cried. Honestly how can you not. She was (and still is) perfect and beautiful. She had a hard time breathing after a little bit because she had too much nasty stuff in her because she was silly and pooped while still inside and swallowed some. Silly babies that do that. But they cleared it out and she is perfectly fine.
My little brother Cory was there to be able to video after she was birthed, don't worry we didn't video tape the actual birth. To me that is just too much, no one wants to see that side of me. lol! But he got video of her being weighed and measured and such. We stayed in the hospital for 48 hours and finally got home LATE Tuesday night. And oh boy did we sleep good. I think Britlee likes her new home, she slept much better here than she did in the hospital during the night.
Being a mom is fantastic! Honestly I just feel so happy all the time and constantly want to take pictures cause she is so perfect. I am exhausted, of course, but because of my mom being around I have been able to take naps during the day.

On our way home. Isn't she SOOOOOO cute!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the story...
    way too many details. j/k
    that is great! glad it went perfectly!